This was a highly requested recipe after I had posted my girls eating their gummies. Seriously so easy, and only 3 ingredients! I like to add collagen to my beverages and gelatin to thicken things up, such as to this recipe. As far as the benefits, you will find a lot of research on how both collagen and gelatin may help improve skin, bone, and gut health. This little treat is nutritious and fun! We have made them many times and the girls love helping me make these, and of course enjoy eating them.
- 1/2 cup Juice of choice (I have done blueberry, pineapple, and pomegranate)
- 1-2 Tbsp honey or syrup (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Gelatin
- Whisk or fork
- Molds and dropper (optional)
- In a small saucepan, warm the juice and sweetener of choice (if you are using any). Just warm things up, no need to boil!
- Slowly add in gelatin one TBSP at a time and whisk until there are no clumps
- Using a dropper, fill the molds. This recipe filled up two of the three gummy bear molds that came in a pack (linked here).
- You could always just dump the mixture into a glass tin and cut up into cubes or fun shapes using cookie molds if you don’t want to mess with molds
- Carefully place the molds into the refrigerator to set for 15 minutes
- Remove from the molds, Enjoy!
Notes: Make sure you have room in the refrigerator before you move the molds around. I suggest putting the molds on a baking tin before filling them up to make the transfer into the fridge less messy.
I store these in a glass jar with a lid in the refrigerator.
I think next I want to try cherry gummy bears!
It really doesn’t get much easier than that.
Disclaimer: Just as with anything on my blog or social media accounts, what I share is something that has worked for me and something I love. I encourage you to speak to your health care providers with any questions you may have about your ideal diet, use of any supplements, or what may be best for your overall health. Full disclosure HERE